Wednesday Challenge SSS - October 11, 2023 - Christmas!

Hello again!

Back at it again with SSS Wednesday Challenge as my inspiration.  I made a tag for the Monday challenge this week too and so while I had a lot of my supplies out I decided to try and tackle Wednesday's theme -  Christmas.  I had soooooo many ideas in my head for this one - it was difficult to know where to begin!  And in hindsight I am not sure the tags I made this weekend are Christmas specifically or more 'winter' but either way these are my entries for this week.  

Tag #1

My first set of tags ended up being pretty simple.  I embossed Simon Says Midnight Green cardstock using  an Spellbinders embossing folder called Scattered Christmas and then mounted that tag on a matching Neenah Desert Storm cardstock.  I again used an older Quickutz nested die set for these tags along and added matching reinforcers.  I ended up making a large and small version.  I really wanted to try and add something more the to front - like a extra die cut swag or poinsettia - but never really found anything that I felt was a good fit (though in my digging I did get the inspiration to make a second set of tags - more on those down below).

I did stamp small sentiments on the back of each using Simon Says Stamp CHRISTMAS BLESSINGS - this set has so many beautiful sentiments!  I just love that scripty font!

Finally I added some rustic gingham holiday ribbon and then tied off with a simple cream colored cotton string - both in my stash.  I always like to tie in a long piece of ribbon or string so that I can easily tie to a gift or bow.  I think they came out beautifully - even if I did struggle for quite a bit of time trying to add something extra to them.



Tag #2

When I was rooting around trying to find something extra for the tags above I came across my Envelope of Wonder die sets and die cut a bunch of holly leaves and berries.  I didn't end up using any of them on the first set of tags but wanted to use them somehow so I extended my crafting session and made a second set of tags.

These tags were cut from one of my favorite die sets for making tags - My Favorite Things Tag Builder Blueprints 5.  And then I added little holly die cuts from the Spellbinders Envelope of Wonder - Christmas Wonder.  

I add some burlap ribbon and tied them off with some white and gold baker's twine - both from my way too large ribbon and twine stash.


I absolutely love the way they turned out -
so much so that I went back to the die cutting and made 2 more!
 

Comments