Wednesday Challenge SSS - Anything Goes

I am in full blown holiday mode now so my project this week definitely has that feel.

I experimented with inking up the Holly Jolly Berries embossing folder from Simon Says Stamp using Spectrum Noir Tri-Blend Dark Red and Spectrum Noir Tri-Blend Jade Green markers.  It gave a really faint hint of color that I didn't love but also didn't hate.

Then I used a candy cane from the Tim Holtz Idea-ology CHRISTMAS Ephemera Pack and a little 'Joy' tag I fussy cut from Prima Candy Cane Lane papers to make focal point on the front of the card.  

I was liking it but felt like it still needed something more...

Sparkle - that was what it needed!  I used my Tonic AQUA SHIMMER PEN to add some sparkle to the ephemera.  And then I thought I would experiment a bit more and I put down a little of the red ink from the Spectrum Noir pen and swirled it with the nib of the shimmer pen and added a bit more to all of the berries.

Overall I am pretty happy with how it came out.  Is my shimmer pen a little stained? 
Yes but it was worth the fun I had playing around with it!







Comments