Monday Challenge Oct 30th SSS - Thinking of You

This week's Monday challenge was 'Thinking of You' and I immediately thought of a little bird stamp that I had because I knew that sentiment was part of it.   So first order of business was locating that stamp!  I kept my card pretty simple.  I die cut a background panel using Spellbinders Sweet Leaf Mini Slimline die.  This makes for such a gorgeous background.  I glued this onto a 4x7 card base that I made from Neenah Desert Storm 100lb cardstock.   Next I stamped the bird from the Summer Bird stamp set by Sizzix.  I used a sky blue pigment ink for the bird and then a navy ink for the overlay stamp.  I actually played around with quite a few combinations before I settle on the blue on blue bird :)   I ended up liking the pigment ink underneath as I felt it gave a softer overall look.   I had to do a little fussy cutting - not my best work but it came out ok (I really need to find out if there are matching dies for this stamp set...). 

Finally using stamped the 'Thinking of You' sentiment that came with the same Summer Bird set on to a small little scalloped rectangle that I had in my stash.  

I added a tiny little flower that I punched from a little daisy punch I have had for decades.  
I used the closest blue paper I could find in my scraps and really wish I had better selection of matching inks and paper for just this occasion.  But it is a pretty close match.

I added a little white enamel accent to the center of the flower. 
I am quite happy with the final card.

 



Comments